Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Calvin Smith Library


We still use the SL County Library system, even though we are half a mile from a SL City Library and really kind of far away from a County Library. We have to go to the library about once a week, which was very convenient when Jovie's dance class was at the Millcreek Community Center. I could switch over to the City system, but I have my 14-digit library card number memorized and our hold list is at the county, so it's harder than it sounds. 
This week, Ikey was desperate for a new book, so I traipsed all over the county to find the next book in the Heroes of Olympian series. I found myself at a library we haven't been to yet, the Calvin Smith branch in Millcreek. 
 



Look at this happy face! He's glad he's got his 600-page book and we're glad too, until he told Jovie and me to "cut out the distractions" so he could concentrate. He finished this book in two days, school days when he was in class for about seven hours. Since school started, he's read the Percy Jackson series, Heroes of Olympus series, and the Kane Chronicles. 

No comments: