Monday, August 24, 2009

Stage 5

These were the two best looking guys at the final stage of The Tour of Utah. Todd acquired VIP passes for us so we had a great view of the start/finish line.
The racers went around Library Square and Washington Square for 90 minutes and Sulzberger won!

We were really close to the podium and the green room so I got to say "good job" to all the guys. Here's Salzberger headed to get his medal for the stage.
I posed with Oscar Sevilla. He won the best young rider jersey in the 2001 Tour de France.
Alex Howes is a 21-year old amateur racer who won Stage 4 (the queen's stage: 93 miles with three huge climbs) and the blue jersey for the best young rider in this year's Tour.
I got a picture with Alex in the polka dot jersey that he won for being the King of the Mountains - the best climber in the race.
Mancebo of Rock Racing won the yellow jersey with the best time for the five stages combined. We've been cheering for him in the Tour de France in previous years. I thought his name was Francisco, but the announcers called him "Paco" the whole time.
I got a picture with Mancebo just after the awards ceremony.
We all had a great time at the Tour of Utah this year!

3 comments:

Caitlinp said...

You are so busy! Looks like lots of fun. Way to support the tour . Miles got super excited watching Isaac's jumping video and listening to the hike commentary.

The Faucheux's said...

Good to see Todd and his little me. You do have the two best-looking boys there.

fourballerinas said...

Sounds like you're a total bike racing enthusiast!! Your boys are so cute! Issac looks a lot like you. Glad you're doing well!
audrey