It's the social event of the year! The Karneys host a big dinner party where the fun begins early and the food arrives at 10 pm and doesn't stop. I believe that there was 20 pounds of live lobster delivered to the Karneys earlier that day. It's a truly incredible spread. This is our third year, so we knew the drill and had the kids sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa Joe's house.
I only realized later that I had invaded Grandma Pat's Mother's Day so instead of breakfast in bed, she was awakened three hours earlier than usual with the usual..."I need breakfast RIGHT NOW." speech from the kids. The Burrows are very good sports, so they didn't complain and of course the kids had a wonderful time.
The kids and Grandpa made a little wooden stool for me and I just love it. Jovie carried it down the stairs and parked herself by the car when it was time to leave in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment